• The Boss is coming! Look busy!
  • List of bloggers going for the 29th July 2006 Bloggers Meet at KLCC
  • Friday, July 07, 2006

    How much do you like to live life on the edge?

    Some girls get turned on by adventurous guys, or guys that love to live on the edge.

    But how do you tell the truly adventurous guys from the guys that just talk a lot of cock to impress girls they'll never be able to sleep with?

    In the old ages, the men that live on the edge can be identified as those who go hunting without a sharpened (blunt) knife.

    So, in modern Kuala Lumpur, I reckon the equivalent of that is... to see how long a man is willing to go without having to pump a drop of petrol in his car.

    Some people (especially girls) tend to go without pumping petrol even until the needle of the petrol meter hits E and the warning light comes up.

    On the other hand, some other girls like this one
    even go all the way until they can almost hear their engine choke.

    But most men I know generally tend to be more conservative.

    The most adventurous man I knew never used to pump petrol until he felt the needle had been on E long enough but that all changed after what happened one day.

    He was out one day driving about in his flashy car and he felt that the needle had been close enough to E.
    Note that most cars can still move for miles and miles even after the needle reaches E but for some cars, when the needle reaches E, your petrol tank is seriously empty.

    Yet this guy had good gut feeling when it came to estimating how much petrol he had left in his tank. He had never been wrong and he was confident of always getting to a petrol station on time.

    But on the way to the petrol station he forgot to take into account that the petrol station he was heading towards was at the top of a slope.

    So, when his car went up the slope whatever little petrol he had left flowed back to the back corner of the tank causing the car engine chocked and died because of a lack of petrol (at least, this was the explanation he gave me).

    Since that day, he never lets his petrol tank go any less than a quarter.

    Anyway, just a few days ago I decided to test my willingness to live life on the edge.

    I drove around KL with as little petrol as I could do with and waving at the many petrol stations that I drove pass.

    Soon, the time came when I knew that I really had to pump petrol. The warning light had been on for a while already and I knew it was time for me to stop at the next petron station I see.


    But just as you would expect, when you're leisurely driving around with no purpose traffic is always smooth and when you're rushing to get somewhere, there will always be traffic.


    To make matters worse, the nearest petrol station I could think of was CLOSED forcing me to find another petrol station...

    Which meant going through ANOTHER JAM!!!


    I was beginning to panic but yet my baby sat right next to me happy and calm. Constantly telling me "Don't worry lar.. still plenty of petrol to go"

    (which proved my theory right... girls never seem to worry about petrol).

    Anyway, 20 minutes and a bit of money later

    My baby (this time meaning my little old beaten up car) was full again and ready to go.

    By the end of the night my baby (this time meaning my girlfriend) managed to convince me that running your petrol tank to the very bottom doesn't necessarily mean you're brave and adventurous.

    It could also mean you're a bloody idiot...or at least you'll realize you're one when you're standing by the road side in the middle of the night begging your friends over the phone to bring you a tank of petrol.

    I'm glad she convinced me to believe that... since I didn't exactly ace the
    "Let's put our brains in our balls and empty our petrol tank test".

    15 Comments:

    • BMW I LIKE!!!! oi ... this weekend on anot one?

      By Blogger Wingz, at July 07, 2006 4:02 PM  

    • hahhaha,

      its not that bad as u think larr...sumtimes when it hits E sum cars still can run for at least a few km, sum can actualli can run for 10-20km more. ive got stuck in a jam b4 on the federal hway in subang heading to hartamas n my tank hit E. i was damn worried but everything turned out fine :P but again everything said, just pump the tank just to be prudent.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 07, 2006 5:30 PM  

    • stewie, not City ar? LOL
      you can actually drive for few miles when you hit E,even when you are on the motorway the car can go further.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 07, 2006 5:49 PM  

    • My dad's rule of thumb is there is another 18 kms more to go when your tank hits "E". So I normally drive the whole town before I stop to put in some petrol. My father predicted one day I'll call him at 3 a.m. to bring some petrol.

      By Blogger Otto, at July 07, 2006 6:22 PM  

    • seriously.. I take it into account ppl who drives in an empty tank is an idiot.. my bf once got really worried when he couldnt find a petrol station and got lost in damansara heights and his tank has been on E for quite awhile. Again, he was in your situation.. gut feelings.. knows when E is really NOT ENOUGH.. not until when he couldnt find a petrol station and got lost in a housing area.. hahahaa.

      AND NOT all girls drives in an empty tank.I dont. My mom dont. Family practice. hehe, ;p

      and stewie, you're such a modest man.. you are driving a beemer. Heh. A waja wouldnt have fit that steering into it.. especially when it comes with controllers..

      *chocolat hops away..*

      By Blogger chocolat-latte', at July 07, 2006 6:24 PM  

    • aiyakk.. believe not, my car petrol needle had reached to E this morning, but then i still insist not to pump petrol and went to work, and now ? hehe..see i am home with nearly empty tank.. ahh.. i am lucky!

      By Blogger [NottY]Nee, at July 07, 2006 7:06 PM  

    • Hahaa... Dei, KL no petrol and your car stops at the road, everybody would be cursing you like mad because you caused another traffic jam!

      240km/h... BMW!!! Fetch me!!!

      By Blogger Jason Lioh, at July 07, 2006 8:56 PM  

    • I keep on seein the flat body of ur 'BABI' can pls put more nicer picture ahhhh!!!!

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 07, 2006 11:44 PM  

    • Stewie boss... my advice...always refill when ur tank reaches half :P coz you'll never know some shit happens and u have to re-route ur trip to shell station to somewhere important and realised the tank is dried up half way....

      My dad always say.... half tank already ? FILL IT UP !!! don't wait till empty tank...

      just my 2 yen...

      good blog u got there ;-)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 08, 2006 12:13 AM  

    • thanks lufiasism.. i'll keep that in mind next time

      pianonee.. u're very ambitious i see

      jason, choc: not bmw ler

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at July 08, 2006 1:11 AM  

    • yea, tukar steering... now tukar speedometer also right? next time tukar what some more? the bodywork?

      By Blogger Unknown, at July 08, 2006 3:33 PM  

    • ehh people do DO that u know william

      i saw a waja on the road today that looked almost like an evo

      By Blogger Boss Stewie, at July 08, 2006 4:05 PM  

    • The title should be 'How much do you like to live life on EMPTY?'
      ;)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2006 12:02 AM  

    • Yeah, Boss Stewie practically modified his whole waja to look like a BMW.

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2006 12:21 AM  

    • mm hmmm

      One of a kind.. waa.a.. i'd want my car to be like Boss Stewie's car.. waja lookalike BMW. That's cool..

      By Blogger HK, at July 10, 2006 2:16 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home