• The Boss is coming! Look busy!
  • List of bloggers going for the 29th July 2006 Bloggers Meet at KLCC
  • Sunday, November 27, 2005

    I saw Sean Paul, Pussycat Dolls, Stereophonics and Girls Aloud all in the same studio...

    Yesterday, Vivien was nice enough to invite me to the experience of a lifetime. We were invited to be part of the audience at the CD:UK music chart show: apparently the biggest and most popular chart show in the UK. For those of you who haven't heard of it... it's one of those shows where you have live performances and interviews with celebrities and get to see VJs try to be funny.


    It was 9.30am on a Saturday morning with the temperature a little above 0 degrees celcius and the four of us were in a queue to enter the studio. We waited for almost 2 hours before we finally got in. Believe me, the next time I wait 2 hours... it had better be for something good... like waiting to enter the Gates of Heaven.


    Inside the studio, we joined a small crowd of people and a producer-looking young man with a cap was on the stage teaching the audience signals of when to applause.. when to just clap.. and when to say "Awwwwww....."...

    Yep.. you got it... whenever you see 'live shows' like these.. everything is real... but the audience.. is fake... we don't "Awwwww..." when we really want to.. we "Awww..." when the man on stage dictates!


    The tv show lasted for about an hour with commerical breaks in between and camera crews running back and forth. There were performances by Sean Paul, Stereophonics, Girls Aloud and of course... our Don' Cha girls... The Pussycat Dolls.

    One thing I did notice. Seeing these 'celebrities' in real life.. and seeing them on tv are two whole different experiences. I have never really been one to go for 'kuai lo' girls... but when I first saw the Girls Aloud girls, I nearly came in my pants. But rest assured, because that's the only thing they can really do... make guys come in their pants... cuz they sure as hell can't sing for shit...

    The Pussycat Dolls on the other hand... are completely different. There are 7 of them in the group, but it is very obvious that only Nicole (the one in the middle) is the soul of the group. She is FREAKING HOT in real life and she can reallyy really sing. She .. is truly talent in the making... and I'm giving it one year, until she leaves the group and goes solo.


    Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to bring our cameras into the studio so I wasn't able to take any photos of the whole show. But all in all, it was a great experience... and great fun. (see Vivien? I had FUN)

    Did I appear on UK TV?

    Maybe.

    Did anyone see it?

    I really really really doubt it.

    4 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home